It doesn’t matter if you love or hate onions, they are everywhere. Although they are not often eaten alone, they are used to enhance or add flavor to an incredible range of dishes.
Preparing onions can be a little difficult due to their strong smell and the effect on the eyes, which is one of the evidences of their potency when it comes to attacking disease and improving the health.
In case you don’t care for the taste of onion, onions can be added to foods without noticing, especially after being cooked.
The following are some of the health benefits of onions:
- Onions have antimicrobial properties which is helpful in keeping infections at bay.
- Presence of essential nutrients such as vitamin B, vitamin C, potassium and sulphur.
- Onions contain a lot of fiber and very low in fat and sodium.
- Helps in maintaining proper blood sugar level.
- Improves cardiovascular health through their ability to help lower blood pressure and cut cholesterol.
- Ability to prevent cancer and to also stop the growth of tumors.