The standard number of caories you should have depends on factors such as your age, your gender and how active you are.
An inactive woman should take between 1600-1800 calories a day. For an active average-sized man, he should take 2400-2800 calories per day.
To achieve your standard daily calories intake, ensure you have a healthy balance of foods on daily basis.
The following tips will be your guide.
- Do not take ore than 5-7 teaspoons of oils, mostly from plants, fish and nuts.
- Take between 5.5 – 6.5 ounces of protein (meat, beans and seafood) each day.
- Take between 1.5 – 2 cups of fruit and 2.5 – 3.5 cups of vegetables.
- Take between 5-8 ounces of grain, 0.5 from whole grains.
- Get up to 121 calories from solid fats and added sugars.
- Take 3 cups of nonfat or law-fat dairy foods.